Many will go and forget but only few will stay and remember.
Who would forget all the memories made inside a four-walled battlefield full of soldiers and monsters? How about the tears of joy and pain throughout those hard-fought battles which made you even stronger?
It was in June 2013 when I first entered this underrated university in the heart of Pampanga. A tan-colored skinny guy with 5 notebooks wrapped in a swedish blue backpack. I considered myself no one because why not? You get along with different types of people everyday. I usually pass by the boulevard and see a girl who takes her lunch at the campus’ famous café. How about a working-student who loves to sip her mocha-flavored frappuccino while we are having a discussion? Then there is this boy who always rocks his newly-bought sneakers on his two-hour dance practice. Culture shocked? Indeed. I am so not used to this kind of environment.
At first, it wasn’t easy to adjust. Transferring from a government-owned school to a private one was tough. I have no idea of what this new environment could bring. I had a lot of troubles catching up with new faces, socially and financially. We are not rich. We lacked money. A lot of money but somehow as you become a part of the ‘elite’ group, you try to save to catch up. Before, I thought spending college in a highly-paid university is about throwing gold bars on fire but I was wrong.
Who would’ve thought that I’ll be able to find myself in the field of math and science-related courses? Be a part of an exclusive source of all things about your college department? Carry the name of the school in country-wide workshops and competitions? Seriously, I’ve never seen everything coming my way.
I may brag about everything happened within the past nine semesters of my stay inside this maroon and gold university but one thing’s for sure, I will surely miss a lot of things..
• All the life-changing quizzes, homeworks, projects, and exams which made us the fighter that we are today.
• The love-hate relationship between us, the students, and our college instructors which eventually turned into a love-love relationship.
• My blockmates and friends who have been my source of strength, courage, and determination whenever I feel like giving up this undergraduate degree.
• The nerve-wrecking loud cheers and drum rolls which make our hearts skip a beat during the annual celebration of our college days.
• The Grilled Liempo of my favorite food stall which always gives me an extra whenever I buy food from them.
• My beloved publication – The Solution – which taught me to go out of my comfort zone and conquer a lot of thunders and storms.
• Our favorite spot in the university library which has plugs and chairs as if there are written names of ours on them.
• The school officials, organizations and friends from different departments who have made my stay in the university colorful and bright.
• My crushes who don’t really care for me but they are different forms of inspiration who kept me going.
Everything will fade but one thing will always remain, YOU. Thank you Holy Angel University for transforming me into the best version I can be. Thank you for all the wonderful opportunities that you have given us to sharpen our brains to give glory for the audience of one.
As I officially wear my white and black-colored school uniform for my final semester, I will try to make the most out of my remaining days. I will cherish all the ups and downs that I will surely experience within the next four months.
Whatever happens, I will continue to live and to fight for another day.
This is Heighdrinn Neil D. Gopez, 5th year Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering. Student-Journalist. Believer. #ParaSaIE
(Written: November 07, 2017 @ 2:54am)